Lizard King (ruse)
|“||In every universe, Peter Parker stands for heroism and responsibility. Except for one. In my world, the name Peter Parker puts fear in the hearts of everyone who hears it. Heroism and responsibility, I destroyed every fool who held such pathetic ideals.||”|
Wolf Spider (real name: Peter Parker) is a Spider villain from another universe and the main antagonist of the "Return to the Spider-Verse" episodes in Season 4.
When unmasked as Peter Parker, Wolf Spider looks exactly like him but looks older with complete pale skin, black hair, and red eyes.
He wears a metal mask, a dark brown hooded robe with no openings, and brown/dark blue gauntlet.
Without his robe, his inner outfit besides having a metal mask and brown/dark blue gauntlet is a blue suit with a red spider symbol on the front, a belt buckle that looks like a wolf, and four bio-organic spider arms.
Unlike his heroic counterparts, Wolf Spider is an evil madman eager to collect all the pieces of the Siege Perilous and use it to rule all the universes making him highly selfish and power-hungry. He is also sadistic, as he promised Miles the same painful death his counterpart went through and relished in seeing his counterparts in pain as he drained them.
He is disgusted by the ideals of heroism and that other versions of himself, stand to uphold them. Because of this, he had no qualms in draining his counterparts to punish them for being what he considered fools. However, he shares his counterparts' habit of taunting his foes, which cause him to drop his guard.
Wolf Spider is very intelligent, as he knew the details of the Siege Perilous and use its powers to his goals. He was calculating, as he knew by hunting the Spiders would he have a chance to obtain it. He also knew to find the heroes in the Ultimate Universe, deducing that they would most likely go to Miles Morales' home. He stated his world had a Miles and that led him to them.
Wolf Spider has a particular hatred towards the main universe Spider-Man, since he always opposed him and because the other universes revolve around him no matter how much he used the Siege Perilous.
After absorbing many life-forces, he began losing his touch with reality, and started making irrational decisions as well as gloating profoundly, all leading him to the point that he is beyond madness.
At an unknown time in his universe, he was bitten by the spider and became a villainous madman. In that time before the Siege Perilous comes to his universe, Wolf Spider subjugated everyone including his world's Miles Morales into misery before ending their lives.
Believing that he was the only Peter Parker, he later discovered a shard of the destroyed Siege Perilous and learned of other universes with other versions of himself, deciding to conquer them as well because of his disgust at them being heroes.
Season 4: Ultimate Spider-Man vs The Sinister 6
Return to the Spider-Verse: Part 1
He travels to the Vampire Universe, where he falsely joins the Lizard King as "The Wolf" in order to find the other shards. However, Spider-Man and Kid Arachnid are also sent to recover the shards of the Siege Perilous and they meet Blood Spider. After entering the sewer, they find a shard of the Siege Perilous until they become surrounded by vampires and Wolf Spider who thanks him for bringing more food. Blood Spider introduces the two to "The Wolf" who is the Lizard King's new hunter making the survival thing difficult. They defeat a few vampires and Blood Spider tells them to get the shard while he battles the others. Blood Spider then battles Wolf Spider who is just as skilled as he is. Spider-Man and Kid Arachnid gain the shard and much to their surprise, glows brightly which frightens the vampires and Wolf Spider off. This makes Blood Spider take it in order to destroy the Lizard King. However, the Lizard King and a few vampires ambush him by knocking the shard out and capturing him. "The Wolf" gives the shard to the Lizard King who reveals to Blood Spider that they were expecting him because "The Wolf" informed him of the shard and it's powers of destroying vampires. "The Wolf" points out that it could drain light as well which gives the Lizard King the idea of using it to darken the sun so that the vampires can walk in the day with "The Wolf" agreeing with him about using alchemy to re-purpose the shard. The Lizard King is about to end Blood Spider until Spider-Man and Kid Arachnid arrive (having followed the shard with the shard that they have.). The two battle the Lizard King, Wolf Spider and vampires which gives Blood Spider the advantage to free himself and help. Spider-Man asks him about the shard but Blood Spider berates himself for allowing it to get into the hands of the Lizard King. The Lizard King's orders his minions to distract them while he gets to work on the shard and Wolf Spider prevents Blood Spider from stopping him. Kid Arachnid is attacked but he uses the shard's light which turns the vampire back into a human for a second much to his shock. Spider-Man points out that they can cure the vampire virus and needs a blood sample test it on. The spiders are then forced to flee after Blood Spider urges them to due to there being too many to fight. Wolf Spider is present where after using alchemy on the shard, the Lizard King tests it on himself and it prevents him from turning into dust. This pleases him and he uses it to block out the sun. However, Spider-Man, Kid Arachnid and Blood Spider create a gun with the shard and Ultra-Violet lamp to fully cure everyone back to normal and brings the sun back after battling them. Blood Spider thanks Spider-Man for proving to him that there was another way to save his friends instead of destroying them. However, Wolf Spider attacks them and takes the shard while Kid Arachnid keeps the other. Spider-Man is confused by this until Wolf Spider reveals who he really is and that he is also traveling to different dimensions. Kid Arachnid offers that they save the multiverse but Wolf Spider reveals his plan to collect the shards of the Siege Perilous in order to rule the other dimensions while revealing that he knows Spider-Man's identity as Peter Parker. He attacks them but Spider-Man and Kid Arachnid use their shard to leave for the next universe. Wolf Spider is then confronted by Blood Spider and his team and points out that they don't just defeat vampires but Wolf Spider escapes with his shard for the next universe.
Return to the Spider-Verse: Part 2
Wolf Spider isn’t physically seen and is only mentioned when Spider-Man and Kid Arachnid wonder who he is and how he knows Spider-Man's identity. In the Wild West Universe, Spider-Man, Kid Arachnid and Web-Slinger are confronted by Doc Ock Holiday who has a shard of the Siege Perilous. He reveals that they weren't the only ones that came for it because Wolf Spider arrived in the universe and came not too long ago for the shard. However, the corrupt sheriff revealed that he ran him out of town.
Return to the Spider-Verse: Part 3
In the Noir Universe, Martin Li gains a shard which gives him the power to turn people to stone which he decides to use on the city with a beacon. He then hears someone mention it being a powerful weapon and he sees Wolf Spider sitting on a perch. Mr. Negative becomes annoyed by how many Spider-People are appearing but Wolf Spider reveals that he's not with them and offers Mr. Negative to join him and he will grant him unimaginable power if he gives him the shard. Mr. Negative refuses and fires at him but misses, much to his anger. Irritated at Negative's refusal, Wolf Spider then leaves for the next universe to find the other shards.
Return to the Spider-Verse: Part 4
After Spider-Man and Kid Arachnid land back into the Miles' home dimension, the Ultimate Universe, they discover that a new spider-themed hero called Spider-Gwen AKA Spider-Woman whose real name is Gwen Stacy had taken over being the spider-themed hero after Kid Arachnid and the Ultimate Green Goblin disappeared. It is also revealed that the Aunt May of this universe is a friend of Rio's and calls her for Miles but finds that she's not getting an answer from her phone. It is revealed that May traced a shard of the Siege Perilous to the police station and while Spider-Woman distracts her father, Spider-Man and Kid Arachnid sneak into the evidence room and get the last shard of the Siege Perilous. However, they hear muffling and discover that Wolf Spider is also in the evidence room, having made it to the other world. He thanks them for gathering the fragments for him and that he will take them now. Spider-Man refuses but Wolf Spider reveals that he had kidnapped Rio and tied up and gagged her while using her as leverage, which shocks Kid Arachnid. Spider-Man demands that he let her go but Wolf Spider ignores him and backs them off by walking with her forward. Spider-Man wonders how he found Rio with Kid Arachnid replying that he doesn't know but vows to not let him hurt her. Wolf Spider asks him what matters the most: The Siege Perilous or his mother. This tears Kid Arachnid apart but Aunt May (by communicating) tells them to use their taser webs on a generator. Kid Arachnid uses his webs to snatch his mother way while Spider-Man uses his taser webs on the generator which knocks Wolf Spider down. Rio is happy that her son has come back with Kid Arachnid the same way but wishes that he could've had a smooth reunion. Rio reveals that Wolf Spider found her at work and asks who he is. Spider-Man reveals that they don't know but he has been a pain in their butts while traveling more than one dimension. Wolf Spider recovers and attacks them. Kid Arachnid locks his mother up with the evidence so that Wolf Spider will not harm her. He reveals himself to have four bio-organic spider arms. Captain George Stacy confronts the spiders but Wolf Spider, throws lockers on him to prevent him from interfering. Kid Arachnid tries to use web on him but he is pulled and much to his confusion, their shard is glowing and Wolf Spider reveals that he also has the shard that came to his universe to follow them. Spider-Man attacks him until he uses his bio-organic spider arms to capture the two. He is about to kill them until Spider-Woman interferes and uses her webs to tie him to the wall but he breaks free and claims that only he will survive. However, debris from the force of his strength starts falling but Spider-Woman is able to save her father and he flees. Wolf Spider takes Kid Arachnid and is about to take the rest of the shards but Spider-Man takes him down and reveals to have them. Spider-Man gets the rest of the fragments which fully fixes the Siege Perilous. However, Wolf Spider escapes and the spiders and Rio are forced to flee from Captain Stacy.
Wolf Spider tracks them down to the Morales apartment and blasts the wall, which knocks out Rio. A shocked Miles asked him on how he knew where he lived, as Wolf Spider tauntingly reveals that his world also had a Miles Morales as well and that his life will end as his Miles did and knocks him out. Peter reveals that he doesn't care who he is but it was a mistake to attack a spider in their own home. Wolf Spider then reveals that: In every universe, Peter Parker stands for heroism and responsibility but not him. He then takes off his mask to reveal himself as an evil Peter Parker, much to everyone's shock. He then reveals that in his world, his name strikes fear into the hearts of those who hear it and that he destroyed every fool who held such pathetic ideals. He also reveals that until a shard of the Siege Perilous came to his world, he thought he was the only Peter Parker but with the fully complete Siege Perilous, he will be. He steals the Siege Perilous and escapes with it. While on the way, he leaves destruction to Lure Spider-Man, Kid Arachnid and Spider-Woman into his trap.
They track him to an underwater cave and discover that Wolf Spider has used the Siege Perilous to drain the life-force of every spider-based character in the multiverse. This causes him to become bigger and stronger and he reveals that he knew that they wouldn't resist his little "invitation". They fight but Wolf Spider proves to be stronger than them until Kid Arachnid shocks him and points that he hasn't got their life forces but Wolf Spider drains Kid Arachnid's life force. When Wolf Spider taunts Spider-Man about his strengths that made him into a hero being a waste, Spider-Woman points out that all Peter Parkers never stop talking while saving Spider-Man. They shoot webs at him until he uses Kid Arachnid's invisibility on himself and ambushes Spider-Woman and begins draining her life force.
Wolf Spider taunts Spider-Man on the fact that he can't win, because he destroyed every other heroic Spider-Man. He then reveals that the Siege Perilous always guided him to Spider-Man because for some reason, he is the center of the multiverse in which Spider-Man agrees that his Aunt May always said that he was special. Wolf Spider then threatens to kill Spider-Man to become the center of the multiverse, the only Peter Parker and the only Spider-Man who will remain evil. However, Spider-Man permits Wolf Spider into claiming his life force. Spider-Man is taken to a world where the other Spider-People are and convinces them to not give up.
Believing it to have worked, Wolf Spider then suddenly sees all the Spider-People's life forces disconnecting from him and Spider-Man, Kid Arachnid and Spider-Woman's life forces also return. Wolf Spider then starts to break and Spider-Man echoes what he said about every universe where every Peter Parker is a good guy but since he is evil, he poisoned himself with their life forces. Wolf Spider then shatters apart, with his body now trapped in other dimensions he cannot escape and all the life-forces of every Spider-Man he absorbed were restored back to all of them from their different dimensions after understanding why Spider-Man is the center of their universes. Spider-Man, Kid Arachnid and Rio then use the Siege Perilous to return to the main universe.
Powers and Abilities
- Spider Physiology: He gained superhuman spider-based powers via being bit by a radioactive spider, but he also developed organic tentacles. Thus, he is as strong as your average Spider-Man. Like every Spider-man, he has a superhumanly enhanced agility, reflexes, equilibrium/balance, endurance, stamina, spider-sense, and wall-crawling (with both his hands and tentacles) abilities of a spider. His increased metabolism allows him to heal faster than normal, but a peak-human level. It is unknown if this attribute was also enhanced after absorbing many life-forces.
- Superhuman Strength: He has shown the proportionate strength of a spider. After absorbing the After absorbing a lot of life-forces, his strength increased to the point of easily overpowering all the spiders. He was even capable of lifting large boulders with ease.
- Superhuman Durability: He has the durability of an average spider-man. After absorbing a lot of life-forces, he was impervious to Spider-Men's physical attacks or the venom blasts. Being hit by a boulder only temporarily stunned him for a moment or so.
- Superhuman Stamina: Like every spider-man, he has a superhumanly enhanced stamina.
- Regenerative Healing Factor: His increased metabolism allows him to heal faster than normal, but a peak-human level. It is unknown if this attribute was also enhanced after absorbing many life-forces.
- Wall-Crawling: He was able to climb walls with his tentacles.
- Spider-Sense: Like every spider-man, he may possess supernatural danger senses.
- Superhuman Equilibrium: Like any spider, he has superhuman sense of balance & agility.
- Superhuman Agility
- Superhuman Reflexes
- Bio-Organic Spider Arms: Unlike the other Spidermans, he has developed organic spider arms which are incredibly strong, fast & resilient. He can even use them to lift heavy objects or himself or for wall climbing. He was even able to knock out Kid Arachnid and restrain Spider-man with his tentacles without much effort. After absorbing nearly all the Spider-Men's life forces, his tentacles strength increased to the point of throwing large boulders with ease.
- Life-Force Absorption: While he was empowered by the Siege Perilous, he was able to absorb the life-force of any spider he found. When he absorbed a vast amount of the life-forces, he gained a extreme levels of superhuman physical attributes.
- Camouflage: After absorbing Kid Arachnid's life-force, he gained the power of limited invisibility.
- Hand-to-Hand Combat: His combat skills are strong enough to overpower Spider-Man, Kid Arachnid and Spider-Gwen, of whom Spider-Man & Kid Arachnid are trained martial artists.
- Arrogance: He is always seen gloating of his evil persona, which usually has him let down his guard.
- Life-Force Overload: By absorbing a massive quantity of good life-forces on the Perilous he wield, he poisoned his own evil life-force.
- Metal Mask
- He is the first spider to be completely evil. However, Scarlet Spider, despite being revealed to be evil, becomes good due to a respectful reason.
- This does not count in relating Marvel animated series on 90s Spider-Man Animated series, whereas Spider-Carnage (a clone of his reality's Ben Reilly (who is in fact the real, yet amnesiac Peter Parker) was evil at first, but still have a good in them due to respect for his "uncle" Ben.
- Later, he is followed by Kaine in this series.
- Wolf Spider having bio-organic spider arms is similar to the Superior Spider-Man who also had bio-organic spider arms after Doctor Octopus switched bodies with Spider-Man.
- In the comics, Wolf Spider was a trainee at the Red Room who later became an insane criminal.
- He does not appear in Return to the Spider-Verse: Part 2, but is however mentioned.
- His defeat is similar to Shao Kahn from Mortal Kombat 9 in Arcade Mode, once defeated, both of them starts to glow and shattered before exploding to pieces.
- During his conversation with his good counterpart, He revealed that in his world not only it puts fear in the hearts of everyone who hears the name "Peter Parker" but he revealed that he has destroyed every of those who held the ideals of heroism and responsability, so it is highly unknown if he destroyed the Avengers and other kinds of powerful heroes.
- Since in every other dimensions where Peter Parker is bullied by Flash Thompson, There is no doubt that Wolf Spider could of possibly murdered the Flash Thompson from his world once he was bitten by the infected spider.
- When Wolf Spider travels to another world, he travels in a red portal, unlike Spider-Man and Kid Arachnid who traveled through a blue portal when going to other worlds.
- Wolf Spider's mask design seems to be based of the Spider-Man Twins masks in the Ultimate comics.