Lizard King (ruse)
|“||In every universe, Peter Parker stands for heroism and responsibility. Except for one. In my world, the name Peter Parker puts fear in the hearts of everyone who hears it. Heroism and responsibility, I destroyed every fool who held such pathetic ideals.||”|
Wolf Spider (real name: Peter Parker) is a Spider villain from another universe and the main antagonist of the "Return to the Spider-Verse" episodes in Season 4.
When unmasked as Peter Parker, Wolf Spider has complete pale skin, black hair, and red eyes.
He wears a metal mask, a dark brown hooded robe with no openings, and brown/dark blue gauntlet.
Without his robe, his inner outfit besides having a metal mask and brown/dark blue gauntlet is a blue suit with a red spider symbol on the front, a belt buckle that looks like a wolf, and four bio-organic spider arms.
He is an evil madman eager to collect all the pieces of the Siege Perilous and use it to rule all the universes making him highly selfish and power-hungry.
He is disgusted by the ideals of heroism and that other versions of himself, stand to uphold them. Because of this, he had no qualms in draining his counterparts to punish them for being what he considered fools. However, he shares his counterparts' habit of taunting his foes, which cause him to drop his guard.
Wolf Spider has a particular hatred towards the main universe Spider-Man, since he always opposed him and because the other universes revolve around him.
After absorbing many life-forces, he began losing his touch with reality, and started making irrational decisions as well as gloating profoundly, all leading him to the point that is beyond madness.
At an unknown time in his universe, he was bitten by the spider and became a villainous madman. In that time before the Siege of Perilous comes to his universe, Wolf Spider subjugated everyone including his world's Miles Morales into misery before ending them.
He later discovered the Siege Perilous and learned of other universes with other versions of himself, deciding to conquer them as well because of his disgust at them being heroes.
Return to the Spiderverse
In Return to the Spider-Verse: Part 1, he appears as the Wolf and fights Blood Spider, Spider-Man, and Kid Arachnid in the sewers, he steals the shard and gives it to his fake master Lizard King and is blasted by the ray gun. In the end, he attacks Blood Spider and reveals that he is not a vampire and his full name and goal, to collect all the pieces of the Siege Perilous and use them to rule all the universes. He reveals his knowledge of Spider Man's true identity and tries to steal the two shards but fails to collect it after the heroes escape. Wolf then sees that Blood Spider has recovered and is confronted by him and his friends. Realizing that he’s out numbered, Wolf is forced to retreat and uses the one shard he already had to go to the next dimension.
In Return to the Spider-Verse: Part 2, he does not physically appear but it is mentioned by Doc Ock Holiday that he had arrived in Wild West Universe and tried to steal the shard from him but he was defeated by the corrupt sheriff and was forced to leave for another dimension.
In Return to the Spider-Verse: Part 3, he travels to the Noir Universe and attempts to get the Siege Perilous shard from Mr. Negative by getting him to join him, but Mr. Negative refuses and attacks him. This forces Wolf Spider to leave to another dimension since there were other shards.
During Return to the Spider-Verse: Part 4, once Spider-Man and Kid Arachnid got their hands on the other shard, Wolf Spider shows up and thanking them for gathering it and takes it, but when they refused, he shows them that he holds Miles's mother Rio Morales as an hostage to which he laughed evilly and starts to walk slowly to them as Spider-Man questions how did he find his mother, as Wolf Spider mocks Miles if it's the Siege Perilous or his own mother that matters the most, as the fight goes on, Wolf Spider removes his robe as he shows his organic Spider arms on his back, Kid Arachnid then sees his shard was glowing as Wolf Spider reveals that he has all the shards while these two had the last shards, when he was taken down, Spider-Man takes the rest of his shards as when they were all gathered, the Siege Perilous was fully reconstructed.
Later on, he breaks through Miles' home when he is asked by Miles on how he knew where he lives, Wolf reveals that in his world, there was also a Miles Morales that he killed before knocking Kid Arachnid out. When Spider-Man voiced that he didn't care who he thinks he is, Wolf Spider thinks on the contrary, as he then tells all he knows that every Peter Parker from different universes stands for heroism and responsibility except one, this is when he unmasked himself he claims to be the pure evil version of Peter Parker. He then tells him in his world, everyone feared by the name of Peter Parker as he has destroyed all those who held the ideals of heroism and responsibility, which then he took the Siege Perilous. He tells them when a shard came to his world, he thought he was the only Peter Parker to which he'll claimed and leaving. Wolf Spider left a trail of destruction for the heroes to follow and returned to his lair in an underground cave as he started to absorb the life-forces and Superhuman abilities of every Spidermen from different universes as his body grew muscular along with his organic spider arms as he then again fights Spider-Man, Kid Arachnid and Spider-Gwen, he then defeated Kid Arachnid and absorbed his life-force and his powers and used it to defeat Spider-Gwen and also absorbed her life-force and her powers, as Spider-Man was the last spider standing up against Wolf Spider. Wolf Spider stated with the shard, he discovered Ultimate was the Spider that the multiverse revolved around, though his imminent defeat will make that him. After confirming Wolf drained all the versions of Spiderman, he allowed himself to let his life-force and his powers being absorbed from him. Wolf Spider then claims to be the strongest Spider when he absorbed all their life forces and their superhuman abilities, however, all the life-forces and powers he absorbed were too much for him since he poisoned himself to with their heroism. Wolf Spider started glowing and shattering apart as he was shattered, with his body now trapped in other dimensions he cannot escape and all the life-forces of every Spiders he absorbed were restored back to all Spiders from different dimensions.
Powers and Abilities
- Spider Physiology: He gained superhuman spider-based powers via being bit by a radioactive spider. He also developed organic tentacles.
- Superhuman Strength: He has shown the proportionate strength of a spider. After absorbing the After absorbing a lot of life-forces, his strength increased to the point of easily overpowering all the spiders. He was even capable of lifting large boulders with ease.
- Superhuman Durability: He has the durability of an average spider-man. After absorbing a lot of life-forces, he was impervious to Spider-Men's physical attacks or the venom blasts. Being hit by a boulder only temporarily stunned him for a moment or so.
- Superhuman Stamina: Like every spider-man, he has a superhumanly enhanced stamina.
- Regenerative Healing Factor: His increased metabolism allows him to heal faster than normal, but a peak-human level. It is unknown if this attribute was also enhanced after absorbing many life-forces.
- Wall-Crawling: He was able to climb walls with his tentacles.
- Spider-Sense: Like every spider-man, he may possess supernatural danger senses.
- Superhuman Equilibrium: Like any spider, he has superhuman sense of balance & agility.
- Superhuman Agility
- Superhuman Reflexes
- Superhuman Equilibrium: Like any spider, he has superhuman sense of balance & agility.
- Bio-Organic Spider Arms: He has developed organic spider arms which are incredibly strong, fast & resilient. He can even use them to lift heavy objects or himself or for wall climbing. He was even able to knock out Kid Arachnid and restrain Spider-man with his tentacles without much effort. After absorbing nearly all the Spider-Men's life forces, his tentacles strength increased to the point of throwing large boulders with ease.
- Life-Force Absorption: While he was empowered by the Siege Perilous, he was able to absorb the life-force of any spider he found. When he absorbed a vast amount of the life-forces, he gained a extreme levels of superhuman physical attributes.
- Camouflage: After absorbing Kid Arachnid's life-force, he gained the power of limited invisibility.
- Hand-to-Hand Combat: His combat skills are strong enough to overpower Spider-Man, Kid Arachnid and Spider-Gwen, of whom Spider-Man & Kid Arachnid are trained martial artists.
- Arrogance: He is always seen gloating of his evil persona, which usually has him let down his guard.
- Life-Force Overload: By absorbing a massive quantity of good life-forces on the Perilous he wield, he poisoned his own evil life-force.
- Metal Mask
- He is the first spider to be completely evil. However, Scarlet Spider, despite being revealed to be evil, becomes good due to a respectful reason.
- This does not count in relating Marvel animated series on 90s Spider-Man Animated series, whereas Spider-Carnage (a clone of his reality's Ben Reilly (who is in fact the real, yet amnesiac Peter Parker) was evil at first, but still have a good in them due to respect for his "uncle" Ben.
- Later, he is followed by Kaine in this series.
- In the comics, Wolf Spider was a trainee at the Red Room who later became an insane criminal.
- He does not appear in Return to the Spider-Verse: Part 2, but is however mentioned.
- His death is similar to Shao Kahn from Mortal Kombat 9 in Arcade Mode, once defeated, both of them starts to glow and shattered before exploding to pieces.
- During his conversation with his good counterpart, He revealed that in his world not only it puts fear in the hearts of everyone who hears the name "Peter Parker" but he revealed that he has destroyed every of those who held the ideals of heroism and responsability, so it is highly unknown if he destroyed the Avengers and other kinds of powerful heroes.
- Since in every other dimensions where Peter Parker is bullied by Flash Thompson, There is no doubt that Wolf Spider could of possibly murdered the Flash Thompson from his world once he was bitten by the infected spider.
- When Wolf Spider travels to another world, he travels in a red portal, unlike Spider-Man and Kid Arachnid who traveled through a blue portal when going to other worlds.
- Wolf Spider's mask design seems to be based of the Spider-Man Twins masks in the Ultimate comics.