Gwendolyn "Gwen" Maxine Stacy
New York City, New York
George Stacy (father)
Digital sensors in her mask to simulate spider-sense Wall-crawling (via magnetic grips in gloves and boots)
Spider-Gwen aka Spider-Woman (real name Gwen Stacy) is a teenage superheroine from the home dimension of Kid Arachnid. She uses hi-tech gadgets to simulate having spider-powers.
Spider-Gwen wears a black bodysuit with white areas that form a spider design, a white hood with the interior lining being magenta with cyan web patterns, matching magenta-and-cyan designs on her upper arms,and cyan soles to her boots
Spider-Gwen is a very heroic person who was very brave to step up and replace Kid Arachnid.She is also very smart as she created all the tech that gives her spider powers.
A native of Miles' dimension, Gwen Stacy assumed the role of Spider-Woman after Spider-Man was transported to Peter Parker's dimension. Using technology stolen from her father's robot program and with the help of her world's version of May Parker, Gwen became a superhero in Miles' absence by simulating spider powers despite having no spider powers of her own. However, due to her activity, she also had to deal with her father's pursuit of vigilantes.
When Miles returns along with Peter, Gwen meets them after stopping a robbery. Gwen starts telling them who she is. After narrowly avoiding her father, she brings them to May Parker.
She later learns of their mission to save the multi-verse from colliding by finding pieces of the siege perilous. Gwen helps them recover the remaining Siege Perilous piece, which was at the police station. Gwen goes to visit her father in order to distract him while Peter and Miles recover the piece. However, this fails when Wolf Spider attacks the station and soon takes Rio Morales but they were able to detain him and retreat with the completed Siege.
However, Wolf Spider would attack Miles' home, while revealing himself as an evil version of Peter Parker who intends to enslave the multi-verse. Wolf then steals the siege perilous, while leaving a trail of destruction for them to follow.
Gwen, Peter, and Miles confront Wolf Spider in his underwater lair. They then see that Wolf Spider has used the Siege Perilous to drain the life-force of every spider-based character in the multiverse. During the battle, Miles and Gwen are claimed in the process, while Peter permits Wolf Spider into claiming his life. Once Peter is taken to the world where the Spider people are held, Gwen questions him on letting the villain win. However, Peter reveals this was a trick because he knew holding all the life-forces at once proves to be too much for Wolf Spider to handle.
Wolf-Spider soon shatters, allowing the life-forces to return to their bodies. Gwen watches Peter’s counterparts thank him for the rescue and understand why the Multiverse revolves around him.
The three Spiders then leave the lair but run into Gwen's father who learned of his daughter's superhero life after speaking with Rio. George accepts Gwen's role and the two then reconcile.
Powers and Abilities
Gwen uses digital sensors in her mask to simulate spider-sense, magnetic grips in her gloves and boots to climb walls, and copies of Spider-Man's web-shooters to swing from webs.
- Wall-Crawling: Spider-Gwen use via magnetic grips in gloves and boots to mimic wall-crawling.
- Spider-Sense: Spider-Gwen uses digital sensors in her mask to simulate having spider-sense.
- Agility: Spider-Gwen is very agile and can easily do back flips in air. Because of her slender, feminine form, Spider-Gwen is even more agile than Peter Parker.
- Spider-Gwen was planned to be released as a figurine for the game Disney INFINITY 3.0 prior to being cancelled.
- This is Dove Cameron's s second animated role and the first being as Mal in Descendants: Wicked World.
- The primary version of Gwen Stacy in the Marvel Comics was the college girlfriend of Peter Parker who was tragically killed during a battle between Spider-Man and the Green Goblin and her death is one of the most iconic moments in comic book history.
- Although this is the first time that Gwen Stacy's superhero persona of "Spider-Gwen" has been featured in any media (and this is the first media that introduces her-exclusively as Spider-Gwen), Gwen Stacy has appeared in animation before in Spider-Man: The Animated Series and Spectacular Spider-Man, and in the live-action movies Spider-Man 3, The Amazing Spider-Man and The Amazing Spider-Man 2, where she was played by Bryce Dallas Howard and Emma Stone respectively.
- Contrast to the show's incarnation, the Spider-Gwen in the comics has spider powers and was the spider-themed superhero of her own dimension rather than being from the same dimension as Miles. Her version of Peter Parker briefly became the supervillain known as the Lizard before he died after his battle with her, inspiring her to become a hero.
- Main article: Spider-Gwen/Gallery