General Thaddeus "Thunderbolt" Ross
Originally, as General Thunderbolt Ross, he was obsessed with capturing the wild and uncontrollable Hulk and harnessing his immense powers. However, upon his transformation into the Red Hulk and Hulk's recently risen intelligence, he has had a change of heart and taken it upon himself to look out for him.
Red Hulk believes he is the best of the Hulks and his military history has often boosted his ego to unbearable levels. He thinks of himself as a leader, despite the fact his arrogant nature makes him unlikable amongst the team. However he can back up his boasting to a certain extent.
Powers and Abilities
- Superhuman Strength: Rulk possesses vast superhuman strength which does not increase as he gets excited, angry, or even sad. His strength extends to his legs, enabling him to leap thousands of feet into the air and miles from his starting place. Rulk can use his gamma strength which is powerful enough to take out a powerful super being.
- Superhuman Durability: Rulk's skin, bones, and bone tissues are several of times denser and more resilient to physical injury than a human's. Rulk can withstand falls from orbital heights, the most powerful energy attacks, and powerful hits from immensely strong beings with no damage.
- Superhuman Stamina: Rulk can exert himself for an undetermined amount of time without showing signs of fatigue.
- Superhuman Speed: Rulk has been seen running at speeds greater than 200mph, though this is just a byproduct of his gamma physiology.
- Gamma Radiated blood: Rulk's special blood produces gamma-rays and thus has blood which can act for a cure to vampirism, due to the gamma radiation being similar to ultra-violet radiation.
- Gamma Energy Absorption: He can absorb Gamma Energy to enhance his physical attributes to an extraordinary degree.
- Exothermic Reaction: Unlike the Hulk, whose anger increases his superhuman physical abilities, Rulk gains an increase in heat to nearly 3000 degree Celsius within seconds. This ability was showcased during his battle against Doctor Doom.
- Regenerative Healing Factor: Rulk's regeneration & healing abilities are quite remarkable, as superficial legions & wounds heal almost instantaneously. He is also able to regrow limbs post amputation & heal from extreme physical traumas in a very short regeneration time. He also does not age and tires very slowly from physical activities because of his great regenerative powers.
- Limited Immortality: Rulk has de-aged from a 80 year old General to a cocky, youthful Rulk. Thus his regeneration abilities make him unable to age or die from natural causes.
- Superhuman Adaption: As a side-effect of his healing factor, Rulk's physiology also alters itself, which is likely an adaptive response to physical trauma, mental trauma or inhospitable environments when it becomes necessary. There were many occasions where Rulk not only survived airless areas, but has also spoken in them.
- Underwater Breathing: Rulk has the ability to breath under water because his glands develop an oxygenated per-fluorocarbon emulsion which fills his lungs and equalizes the pressure.
- Accelerated Metabolism: He has an accelerated metabolism, so powerful and efficient, thus allowing him to consume lots of foods and calories, without feeling full and still being able to eat more. he is seen constantly eating gallons of fatty and meaty foods all the time and is always still hungry, despite his limitless stamina.
- Military Protocols: He also has highly advanced military & espionage training, thereby making him quite formidable in his own right. He is also an advanced marksman.
- Hand-to-Hand Combat: He is also an extensively trained militaristic combat expert.
Red Hulk has a wide arsenal of heavy weapons which he shares with the other members of S.M.A.S.H which include a hand-held minigun and his Gatling Laser Cannon. He also acquires missile launchers from the Red Hulk-Buster. In later episodes he was sporting a powerful rapid fire gamma cannon. He also has Gamma grenades which can unleash a gamma explosion.
Appearances in other media
He is one of the lead characters in Hulk and the Agents of S.M.A.S.H.