J. Jonah Jameson (Father)
The Man-Wolf is the transformed version of John Jameson. As John, he is J. Jonah Jameson's son and an astronaut.
In his human form, John Jameson is a Caucasian man with blond hair. In his Man-Wolf form, he looks like a classic werewolf with an armor and wields a sword.
Spider-Man's team and S.H.I.E.L.D. answer a distress signal coming from J. Jonah Jameson to look for John Jameson on the moon, where John was supervising the construction of a Daily Bugle communications station. Onsite, however, the construction crew found the remains of an advanced civilization harboring a number of strange jewels, one of which embedded itself in John's chest and triggered his transformation into the feral Man-Wolf (with the trappings and the sword used by Stargod). Spider-Man manages to shatter the jewel, but the sudden reversion causes John to retain some wolf-like appearance and features, whereupon he is kept in S.H.I.E.L.D. custody for treatment.
Powers and Abilities
- Telecommunications: John Jameson is a top-level communications expert for he Daily Bugle.
- Swordsmanship: Through unknown means, he has shown vast swordsmanship skills when he was permanently altered.
- Lycan Physiology: John Jameson was mystically altered into an offshoot of humans known as Lycanthropes. He is forced to transform into a werewolf, a large, powerful form which is a hybrid of human and wolf, and loses his human intellect. After shattering the Jewel, fused to his chest, he still retained all of his powers, but to a lesser extent.
- Superhuman Strength: His strength rose beyond his human limits, being able to cause a spaceship & Power-man some damage.
- Superhuman Speed: His speed increased drastically & he runs very quickly on all four limbs. He also has superhuman reflexes in utilizing his sword.
- Superhuman Senses: He has highly developed canine senses that is much greater than the likes of extensively trained & experienced police dogs.
- Superhuman Stamina: He shows no signs of fatigue for days of excessive physical exertion.
- Superhuman Durability: He is resistant to many forms of conventional injury and very hard to kill by conventional means.
- Regenerative Healing Factor: He has a high level healing factor. If he is severely wounded, he regenerates from superficial legions instantaneously. Regeneration of amputated limbs seem unlikely, but like all mystical creature he is immune from age & diseases.
- Vampirism Immunity: Werewolves or Lycans are the only known species to be absolutely immune to the Vampire Virus's effects. They will not even feel the slightest amount of pain or side-effect from extreme exposure to the Vampire Virus.
Background in other media
This is the second animated appearance of Man-Wolf. The previous incarnation appeared in Spider-Man: Unlimited.