Amadeus Cho is a student at Midtown High School and a 13 year-old genius who was accredited by Nick Fury to be at least the seventh smartest being on Earth. Peter Parker was jealous of Cho who ends up becoming the new Iron Spider after he proves himself perfect to operate the armor. At first they do not get along, to the point where Amadeus calls the web-slinger a "menace" and tries to be a "true hero". He is attacked by Taskmaster who attempts to steal the Iron Spider Armor, but Spider-Man assists him and saves innocents. This changes Amadeus' view of Spider-Man and realizes the truth of Spider-Man. Taskmaster uses a nanobot to hack the armor which causes Cho to fight Spider-Man uncontrollably. Amadeus manages to fix it, but Taskmaster gets away and the nanobot nearly causes the Iron Spider armor to explode, but Spider-Man removes the nanobot and Cho resolves the virus. Spider-Man lets Cho keep the Iron Spider armor and recruits him as a member of the New Warriors along with Agent Venom.
Cho began his training with the New Warriors along with Agent Venom, Ka-Zar, and Zabu. However the training is cut short when they are interrupted by the Taskmaster's new team the Thunderbolts; consisting of Vulture, Cloak and Dagger. They invaded the S.H.I.E.L.D. Tricarrier to release a group of villains consisting of The Goblin, Doctor Octopus, and the Beetle. Working together with Spider-Man they stop them and recruit Cloak and Dagger to their side.
Cho in the Iron Spider Armor tracks a signal to a S.H.I.E.L.D. storage room and finds the long-dormant villain Arnim Zola wakes from hibernation and sets out to destroy S.H.I.E.L.D.. He teamed up with Spidey to take him down.
Cho attends class along with the new recruit Rhino
Cho Rhino continued his educated at the S.H.I.E.L.D. Academy, he took part in a lesson taught by Ant-Man.
Cho and his other class mates were suspicious of the new student Triton
Spider-Man attacks Cho and Iron Fist believing that they had been replaced by Synthezoids. Amadeus is surprised to find out Zola is back and is curious as to how Fury never found out his involvement in letting him escape the first time, but believes he was too busy being mad at Spider-Man to realize the truth. However, Spider-Man admits the real reason he never got in trouble in the first place, confessing he took the blame to ensure Amadeus wouldn’t get kicked out of S.H.I.E.L.D Academy and is only further confirmed by Iron Fist. Realizing how much trouble he got Spider-Man into and seeing how far he was willing to go in order to protect him, a guilty Amadeus both thanks and apologizes to Spider-Man to which Spider-Man both happily accepts his apology and gratitude. Cho puts on the Spider-Armor and tracks the signal to Zola's lab. As they leave the are attacked by a group of Synthezoid duplicates of their classmates. Cho sacrificed himself to the Synthezoids to allow Spidey and Iron Fist to escape and to make amends for his past actions.
Cho was placed in a stasis pod along with the other students. Spider-Man, Rhino and Venom team up to save their fellow classmates. Spidey breaks Cho out of his pod and borrows the Iron-Spider Armor to battle Arnim Zola.
Spider-Man introduces Cho to the The Leader and M.O.D.O.K.. Spidey reveals that The Leader is the 5th smartest person in the world, ahead of M.O.D.O.K. who is 6th and Amadeus Cho is of course 7th. Cho and Flash learn Peter's true identity when Aunt May revealed that she knew about his double life all along. This took the two young heroes by surprise due to their past with Peter Parker. Like Flash, he was shocked by the revelation, but it also made the bond between them stronger, leading them to becoming best friends.
Cho and the other heroes team up with Spider-Man to take down the Grandmaster and the other villains. He then witnesses S.H.I.E.L.D. rebuild the Triskelion.
Powers and Abilities
- Superhuman Intelligence: Amadeus is a teenager gifted with a super-genius mind, bearing the "natural ability to identify the variables and quantum possibilities in any situation." He is described by Nick Fury as being the seventh most intelligent person in the world. Amadeus is able to rapidly and without mechanical aid perform mental calculations of almost unimaginable complexity enabling him to, with minimal stimuli on his part, set multiple physical reactions into motion in his vicinity, forestalling technological and human activity with equal ease.
- Exceptional Physicality: His natural body had enough strength to knock out Doc Ock with one focused punch. He can even carry his Backpack without even feeling slightly stressed. He is also athletic to some extent & can outrun people quickly.
- Hand-to-Hand Combat: He has had extensive training in hand-to-hand combat as well as to better control the applications of his Armor. This also enhances his combat performance with the Armor.
- Iron Spider Armor: After joining S.H.I.E.L.D. he given access to the Iron-Spider Armor. He showed great skill and use of the battle suit, learning how to operate the armor remarkably faster than Tony Stark when he first tested his armor out.
- Enhanced Strength: He has superior strength to Spider-Man while wearing the Armor.
- Enhanced Agility: He is as agile as Spider-Man is in the fields of speed & acrobatics.
- Mechanical Spider Arms: He has four spider arms that he uses in combat or juts to travel faster.
- Repulsor Webbing: His webbing is always charged up with Repulsor energy.
- Repulsor Rays: Like Iron Man, he can fire Repulsor blasts from his hands and mechanical limbs.
- Recharge Systems: The Armor's solar panels recharge the Armor using solar energy/Sunlight.
- Digital Senses: His Armor has been programed with a system, which has similar capabilities as the paranormal spider-senses.
- Flight: Like Iron Man, he can fly via the jet systems in his Armor.
- Transforming Backpack: It can transform into a backpack to carry amongst civilians.
c - cameo
m - mentioned
- Voiced by Eric Bauza. Reprising his role from the anime film Avengers Confidential: Black Widow & Punisher.
- His name for missions is Spider 2.