After Green Goblin kidnaps Peter Parker (not knowing that he is Spider-Man) to turn him into the perfect son due to Harry Osborn rejecting the Venom symbiote in his last fight in the Helicarrier. Believing that Peter is smarter, more driven and as a wimpy defenseless kid, he appreciates power. He then injects Peter with the symbiote which makes Peter panic about what he is going to turn into. Green Goblin reveals that it's an old family recipe and that it will help grow big and strong. The symbiote starts spreading all over Peter which makes Green Goblin believe that Venom has taken over Peter. He is then shocked to discover that the symbiote becoming red in the process and sprouts spikes from it's body and back. After the transformation is complete, the symbiote breaks out of its bonds and starts running. Green Goblin is surprised by how stronger and more destructive the new symbiote is and becomes pleased with it. The Symbiote knocks down a shelf of jars before destroying one of the computer screens. The symbiote then attacks Green Goblin but he dodges it twice and subdues the creature by shocking it into obeying him. Green Goblin proudly finds it perfect and tells it to look at the absolute carnage it brought and then decides that the name Carnage is a perfect name for the symbiote. He then looks on the computer screens to see that Spider-Man has survived with his team helping him. This angers him and he orders Carnage to find and rip the team into shreds, bring him Spider-Man and that he can then be part of the family. Carnage then leaves to do his mission. He swings over to the Osborn penthouse where Harry, Nick Fury and Spider-Man's team (consisting of White Tiger, Iron Fist, Power Man and Nova) see him coming. They believe him to be Venom before he ambushes Director Fury and two S.H.I.E.L.D. agents. Carnage jump kicks an agent before using a tendril to knock him against the roof before using another tendril to grab a fleeing agent. He then grabs Director Fury who fires at him but Carnage throws him far into the main doors, knocking him out. The team realize that the symbiote is not Venom before Harry points out that it is still the same symbiote before realizing that Carnage is Peter. Carnage sends his tendrils to hit the team before Power Man uses a coffee table to block them. However, the tendrils destroy the table but White Tiger saves Harry from the tendrils. Carnage proceeds to jump in the center of the room before avoiding Power Man's punch. He then uses his tendrils to knock Nova down on the second floor. He uses his tendrils to attack Iron Fist but he dodges them and kicks Carnage. Carnage quickly recovers and pounces on him before Iron Fist punches him away. Unfortunately, Carnage uses his tendrils to stop himself in midair. Iron Fist points out that this symbiote is different. Carnage lands on the stairs before Power Man holds him down. Before he can punch Carnage, the symbiote uses it's spikes to move him away. Power Man finds that it is pointier before getting kicked. Nova fires at Carnage but the the symbiote dodges all of them and lands behind him. Nova finds that it is also peppier before getting hit by Carnage's tendrils onto the couch. It then chases White Tiger who jumps behind it before managing to scratch it's tendrils away. However, Carnage pounces on her before jumping onto a wall before jumping back into the center of the room. White Tiger points out that Green Goblin improved on the original formula. Iron Fist jumps to punch it but Carnage's tendrils grab him and throw him against a bookcase. It then jump kicks Power Man before White Tiger attacks it. Carnage knocks her away before using another bookcase to crush her. Nova fires at him but Carnage dodges them before using it's tendrils to grab him and throw him away. It then attacks Harry who surprisingly orders it to stop. He tells it that it knows who he is, that they were Venom and that they have a bond. The symbiote then bonds with Harry which frees Peter but also turns back into Venom. Spider-Man and his team are able to free Harry from the symbiote but Green Goblin escapes.
Main Article: Carnage (Second Version)
Carnage has big white eyes and a long tongue. Carnage's body is mostly red, with black lines around its body. It is similar to the Venom symbiote except for his hulking form and his body is much more red and has normal colored teeth.
Powers and Abilities
- Superhuman Strength: Carnage is vastly stronger than The team and S.H.I.E.L.D. combined.
- Superhuman Durability: Carnage is able to take multiple hits from his enemies.
- Superhuman Agility: Carnage is able to jump 30 feet and is more agile than Venom.
- Superhuman Reflexes: Carnage shares Spiderman's enhanced reflexes and reaction time.
- Webbing Generation: Carnage can shoot strands of it's substance in the form of "webbing"
- Wall-Crawling: Carnage is able to climb most surfaces like Venom and Spider-Man
- ESP (Spider-Sense): Carnage possesses an extrasensory ability similar to Spider-M
- Shapeshifting: Carnage can change his size and shape. He can also do this without a host.
- Constituent-Matter Manipulation (Multiple Tendrils): This ability was the primary method of attack by Carnage this was form his symbiotic costume into long whip-like tendrils that acted as limbs so as to be more effective against opponents, ensnaring and lashing them.
- Spike Generation: Carnage can generate a couple of spikes from his body.
- Stretchable Tongue: Carnage can stretch out his tongue.
- Possession: Carnage has the ability to latch onto anyone and use their powers while taking control of their bodies.
c - cameo
- This version of Carnage seems to obey everyone's commands like when Green Goblin told it to obey him and when Harry told it to stop and bond with him.
Background in other media
- This is Carnage's third animated appearance in television after Spider-Man (1994) and Spider-Man: Unlimited.
- Dee Bradley Baker had previously voiced Carnage in the 2000 Spider-Man video game.
- This is the second time Peter Parker is Carnage's host after the 2005 Ultimate Spider-Man video game.
- Main article: Carnage (Original)/Gallery